Lands end to John o groats (or something)

Hello all,

Have been thinking about a challenge to keep me motivated for 2015 & came up with the above idea - not particularly inventive but maybe enough to keep my attention.

I think this works out to around 4k per day so achievable.

The question is does anyone know of a way to chart my progress - maybe an app or a website I can log the distance every week or so? Failing that I'll just keep a track of it & plan my way on a map or something.

All the best,

Lee

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Don't know about an App or website -- but I have mapped my 800 klm progress from my home towards Sydney Australia over the past year - using Google Maps goo.gl/98JTyW

Didn't quite make Sydney - maybe next year!! :)

• I map the run for the Virtual run with an app called easy route. We are also doing john o groats to landsend. There are a few pictures on the right hand side under pinned posts. I have just found a new app that is more stable and it is called new route. Both these are on the iOS platform. Good luck with your run, sounds like a great way to plot your acheivements.

• I did this in 2014 - as the crow flies - 605 miles. Later today I'll have achieved it three times!

They're running another this year - 874 miles, the long way - and I'll be starting it on January 1st. I should do it twice before the end of the year.

Here's the link facebook.com/johnogroatstol...

• Thanks for the replies :-)

I don't use Facebook but I have downloaded new route which looks like it'll do the job a treat.

Thanks everyone.

All the best,

Lee

You may also like...