Week 9

Hi fellow runners - I have the first of my week 9 run tomorrow- I can't believe it! Unfortunately i do mine on the treadmill at the gym as my joints are not up to pavement running (which is all I have where I live) - anyway it's still week 9 and I'm pleased I've come this far, my week 8 runs however have been dreadful (especially after about 22 mins) just the thought of that extra two mins is scaring me to be honest and I feel like I'm going to throw up when I get to more than 20 mins - also I've been getting really sore nipples now! Any advice?

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Congratulations for completing week 8. First, take some time to feel great about it rather than worrying about week 9!

I found the last few weeks of the plan tough and felt just the same about those extra 2 mins.

Some things that helped me - try slowing down a bit earlier in your run, as you may be starting out too fast. Also I take a few much deeper breaths later in the run, which seems to give me a bit more energy when I feel i want to stop. Finally, I had to tell myself not to panic (following Laura's good advice) - its only a run - even if I had to stop it wouldn't have been the end if the world!

You could always repeat week 8 if you don't feel ready to move up to the next stage- it doesn't matter how long you take to graduate.

Hope this helps a little. Happy running!

You may also like...