Wanting to get back into it!

Started the c25k this time last year! Graduated earlier this year and was managing 5k a couple times a week which I was really enjoying. Since June Ive been managing to get out less and less due to family illness and then weeks of feeling run down. I m really missing my runs. Made me feel fantastic. I ran a mile and a half 2 weeks ago no problem....any ideas to help me get back on the programme?? Not sure where to start.

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • I keep saying - when all else fails, when you are lost and don't know where to go -- go back to the start, where you came from! !! The place that you know , have been to and are quite comfortable with -- that is C25K - W1D1 -. Run 1 minute/walk 90 seconds - repeat for 20 minutes. You will probably find that you don't have to stay there long - you know where it is, you have been there before , familiar to the surroundings - you will soon move on!! :)

I frequently go back there - in fact, I am going back there tomorrow morning.

• I'm in a similar position - graduated early this year then a long break for various reasons. Yesterday was my first run back with Laura. I did week 3 because I wanted some intervals, but I ended up jogging through the walk breaks so I managed 25 minutes jog after all. Or go back even earlier and run faster!

You may also like...