Week 1 - Done!

Did day 3 this morning. To be honest I found it harder than the two previous days. Probably because the footpaths were quite wet and slippy (didn't like that) and my previous two sessions were on weekdays when I got home from work (I'm on my feet most of my working day). Rest day yesterday (Saturday) and what did I do? Sat on the couch, watched tv and ate. Idiot. Note to self: Do runs on weekdays or at worst, first thing Saturday. Having said all that, I still ran all the runs, not wanting to let down Laura (how ridiculous is that?), so not unhappy about how the week's gone. I have to admit to being a little bit in love with Laura for being so encouraging, but I suspect I'm not the first :) Thank you all for your encouragement and support so far, here's to week 2! Steve

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yes, Laura is a bit of a task master, but she is looking out for you. I know it's hard, but I promise you, if you stick with it you will start to enjoy the challenge. Pretty soon running will become part of your life.

Come on Steve, you can do it!

• Well done steve, i have just finished w1 also. good luck with week 2. pete

• Well done Steve. Yes slippy and muddy paths are a bit of a danger!

Laura is my heroine..don't know where I'd be without her!!

Good luck with the programme and keep posting

Barbara xx

• Hi I've also finished Wk1 today. I find the hardest thing is just getting out the front door and after that I manage ok! On Day 2 we had torrential rain but fortunately/unfortunately (couldn't make my mind up which) it stopped just in time to get a run in. Today I had Day 3 to do and to start with I convinced myself that I felt a bit ill and shouldn't go. The thing is I've deliberately told quite a few people that I'm doing this C25k thing so that I'll be determined to see it through. I feel fab when I get back from a run/walk too.

I think I'm looking forward to Wk2 but at this stage I'm not convinced I'll be able to run for 90s. Having said that if someone had told me that I would exercise for 90 mins this week and 24 mins of that would be running I wouldn't have believed it.

Good luck to everyone embarking on the next week of the programme - whatever week that may be

Helen

You may also like...