Couch to 5K
79,568 members110,842 posts

First post-grad run, no more Laura...

Just me and Alice (Cooper, that is). No more Mr Nice Guy!

For some reason, today was not a happy running day. It was a bit slippery underfoot on my normal route, which meant I had to slow down on one of the more cross-country bits. Plus the wind seemed to be in my face regardless of the direction I was running in! It took me ages to settle into a comfortable rhythm, and I didn't really relax until I'd been going for about 20 minutes.

HOWEVER.... I managed my second consecutive 5k run! Yay me! :-)

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Wow!!! Hitting 5k already is great going, especially with all the horrid weather & conditions to contend with, go you indeed!!! Well done! X

Thanks. At least it was dry!

I think we are having to get prepared for nasty weather running :0/. (at least we are kitted out by Aldi now!). Well done on the 5k!

brilliant, well done you :)

Alice? Who the f*ck is Alice? Oh, sorry, wrong Alice! *lol*

Well done for a full 5k, that's amazing for a first post-grad run. It migth have taken a whle to get into the rhythm, but you clearly managed. Congratulations!

Thanks!

I'm definitely more Chubby Checker than Chubby Brown!

Yeah, good for you! You hvae to make allowance for the weather consition, the soil that's not up standard. it's very much movre tiring to accomplish something. Don't beat yourself up, though, you did it.

I have bronchiectasis. I wouldn't even attempt to run in the wind and rain, as I would be out of breath straight away. But i do enjoy the gym: warm, comfortable and lots of lovely equipment. I did my first "run" on the static bike. I admire your perseverance. Cheers to you, Mic

Thanks, Mic

You may also like...