Treadmill - Third time lucky

So this will be my third time trying to finish the whole 9 weeks. I'll be starting W6R1 on Friday. I've joined a gym and have been running on a treadmill. Not as easy as running outside but it does help keep my pace even and I'm not going too fast or too slow. I heard the other day that if you put the incline to 1% on a treadmill then that is like running outside. I would kind of agree - it does make the resistance harder which feels more like running outdoors.

I gave up on the program before. Last time because of injury all the other times I just made excuses, too hot, too cold, too dark, too light but this time I am ready!!

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Go for it - everyone will be cheering you on from the sidelines :0) - good luck with Week 6 - just take it steady...

• I have only used a treadmill and in the beginning it was ok but now find it boring as the time and distance increase, I am going to give the great outdoors a try soon. A lot of it is in your head and I have felt the same but you just have to get your head around it and get on with it, easier said than done sometimes, keep on going.

• No excuses if you log in here every now and then - people will notice if you're not here and will want to know why!

• Good luck, from one LadyP to another !

• Good idea about increasing the incline, I wouldn't have thought of that! Good luck with week 6.

• The treadmill/outside thing is weird. I did most of the 9 weeks on a treadmill and it was all fine (but then I didn't trouble the 1% incline) then went outside and it was so much harder for the first run or two. Then when it rained I came back in for one run and it was so much harder than outside!

Doesn't matter how long it takes LadyP, just so long as you are doing it. You are well over half way keep going :)

You may also like...