unconsciously incompetent - consciously incompetent

Well i think i might have taken a first real step in running. I want next year to do the Tynedale 10 K and then hopefully the great north run in September. Its quite a big step i think. I like to have a goal and something to motivate me. The great north run is surprising popular event. The mo did it in 1hr dead. I was totally amazed. Now i don't want to be like mo. The amount of work he has to put in and the pressure to win must be immense. I looked at some of the people's times that i know. One of my old school friends did it in 1 hr 37 mins again fantastic, another work colleague did it last year in just over 2 hours.

I don't really want to get a fantastic time I think I'd be pleased just to complete both runs. I thought i'd do an experiment tonight. i'd just walk the full 5 k and see how my time compares to what i normally do when running all the way. It wasn't that much difference although I did do a couple of k running. I just could not resist.

What i'm really saying is that i know that there is lots of room for improvement and i'm quite looking forward to it and i hope to make those improvements in time for the above events and have some fun doing it!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Go for it! I went from graduate to running the GNR in just less than 9 months, time 3:03:00, not quick but I did it :) I've decided once was enough but I'd encourage anyone to give it a go once at least to say you've done it. Fingers crossed for a place for you and good luck with the training!

• Great to have a goal, go for it! Good luck

You may also like...