First 5k race

Well, I was due to do week 6 run 3 tonight as I was doing my first 5k fun run. Well it didn't really go to plan! I ditched Laura and used my nike+app! I couldn't hear the music I wanted to but got some pretty upbeat songs.

Anyways, I got to 1km and had to walk up the hill. The funny thing is people said the route was flat(did the miss the killer hill and 2 other ones). Found it hard to get my breathing and just felt tired throughout. My app tells me how far I have gone, but it seemed to differ from what the route said. It told me I had done 5k in 30 mins 20 secs when I reached where we started. Only the finish line was wayyyy further down and my final chipped time was 34 mins 49 kinda down about it as I had done my 5k in 30 mins on Tuesday. Was so happy there was a woman giving out water as I really thought I was going to throw up(sorry tmi)

Going to head out on Sunday to do the week 3 run and I'll listen to Laura. We are doing a 10k next Saturday and another 5k on Tuesday week so hoping for a better time

Anyway onwards and upwards, I now know (a) sort out my music before a race (b) try and stay up the front of the pack

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I use mapmyrun and the official course (I've only done RFL and Parkrun) always come up more. Parkrun measures 5.2k and RFL measured nearly 11ks for the official 5 and 10k routes. I reckon it has something to do with inaccurate Gps but I don't mind - I'm out running distance and that is enough for me.

• I use mapmyrun and the official course (I've only done RFL and Parkrun) always come up more. Parkrun measures 5.2k and RFL measured nearly 11ks for the official 5 and 10k routes. I reckon it has something to do with inaccurate Gps but I don't mind - I'm out running distance and that is enough for me.

You may also like...