30min and 5k - so happy!

I posted a few days ago about really struggling with week 7. So I listened to all the great advice and ditched the regular podcast (sorry, Laura!) - instead I just used my iPod, with Nike +, to keep track of time. This morning was my last run before my holidays. It was a beautiful morning - cool but sunny - and definitely also helped by the fact that I didn't need to rush to work afterwards. I was determined to do the full 25min properly so I vowed not to even look at my iPod until I'd run for 5 or 6 tracks. Everything went perfectly - yes, I was tired, but the music was uplifting - I'm sure I was singing loudly! I kept reminding myself to slow down and breathe. When I looked at the iPod, I was at 24min so I pushed myself to keep going for one final track, and then a tiny bit more. At the end of that I was overjoyed to see that I had run for 30min and had covered 5.14km!! I walked back to my starting point with a huge grin on my face - so happy I almost cried!

So I'm packing my running shoes and heading off for a change of scenery, but knowing that I've made it to week 8 and graduation is definitely possible now!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Wow, that is really well done! Graduation is not only possible, it is certain, as long as you keep going out for a run the last few times. Congratulations!

• Fantastic! Great time/distance too. Enjoy your holiday!

You may also like...