Sore Knee

I am about to start W8R1 tomorrow but my right knee is really sore. I had this problem when I first started C25K then it seemed to get a bit better. However this week it has returned and even sorer than before but the strange thing is its not really that painful when I'm running!!!!! I don't know whether to persevere and continue running or whether to try to rest it for a wee while = Really want to finish this programme and absolutely gutted that this has happened when I'm nearly at the finishing line.....Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • I would suggest resting it until it feels better. I ran on a niggly knee, and it got much worse which meant I had to stay off running for longer. I have a stepper at home which gives me a workout but has no knee impact, and I find I can do that when the knee is bad, and it means I still get some exercise and the knee is still moving without being stressed any more.

• I rested mine for a couple of days but decided to try and see if I could run it off. I could! I think it might just be runners knee and that it will get better on its own as you get stronger.

I'm not a doctor obviously (whoever heard of a Doctor Wobble!) so you have to use your own judgement. I realised that to support my running I had to get fitter and stronger so started doing exercises for my knees and ankles and I got myself some exercise DVD's. They're working and my running and stamina are improving.

I hope you'll soon be feeling better and back out there. Let us know how you get on

• Please please please take care of your knees. I'm completely crocked at the moment and waiting to see a physio. No one particular thing that caused it, just a repeated cycle of run, knee niggle, rest, run ..... and so on. Just take care :(

• I'm going to try my run tomorrow and see how my knee is -took some ibuprofen and it seems to be a lot better - I'm wondering if its got anything to do with running for longer now and I also had a 2 week break a fortnight ago as I was on holiday. I finished on week 5 before my hol and went straight to week 6 when I returned

You may also like...