W2R1 revisited

Hi. I restarted at 5:30 this morning. I last ran on April 1st, which was w2r1, but had to stop after the penultimate run, I found it impossible and had thought I would eat it up after a relatively easy week 1 (which was my second attempt at week 1).

In my defence I have to say I have planta facilititis and I had been in agony. I fully intended to go and attempt it again on the second, but then life got in the way in a major way.

So here I am a few months later......recovery from car crash, redundancy, new job and associated stresses all out of the way. I've been thinking about coming back since my foot resettled a few weeks ago, but was worried about restarting, I didn't want to restart week 1 again, so I thought I would restart at week 2. My weight is still improving, so I thought I would tackle it. And you know what, I managed it! I found a nice steady pace, my route is hilly in places, but I managed that too without too much difficulty and I find myself looking forward to week 3 and a bigger challenge.

I managed to finish my run at the park, so did some tricep dips and push ups on the equipment there, then walked home. HAPPY :)

off for a shower and then my last day at work

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hello, it is so difficult to restart after a break but you did it. I too suffer from PF, you have my utmost sympathy on that one. Good luck on the next run :)

• Well done you... And it sounds like you've been through the mill...Keep at it and the running does really help with life's troubles :)

You may also like...