This never happened before

After the "first run since october" a few weeks ago I have kept running 3 days per week, as I am entering a 10km race in May. In all the jogs since I first started C25K I have never experienced much disconfort other than a bit of thirst or heat or maybe some muscle pain. But last saturday I went off for my morning jog and after a while I started feeling nauseated to the point I didn't even manage 5km and walked the rest of the way back home. Apparently I wasn't looking very well and the nausea feeling only went after some rest and beroca. This week I managed to reach 6.5km after than incident, but am quite puzzled as this has never happend before. Anyone experienced the same?

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Do you normally eat before you run? I don't usually if I run first thing in the morning. I've never experienced nausea, but sometimes I've had a really weird sensation in my head - which usually goes if I drink some water and eat a jelly type ("large fruit pastille") sweet or two.

• I have. It's horrible, but I think my reason was that I was eating a tiny bowl of oatmeal prior to running (I'm a morning runner) and it was too heavy. I now have a vegetable juice which I make myself and that gives me enough fuel for between 5 and 7K.

• I usually eat half banana and some water when runing straight off bed, otherwise I'll have a toast and juice breakfast and go for a run a couple of hours after, so I don't feel a heavy stomach running.

Oh well, hope it doesn't happen again, happy to know other people have experienced the same.

You may also like...