Running without Laura?

My first post, but have been reading for a week or so. Just completed W8R1 and it kicked my butt. But I managed to break the 5k barrier and I'm looking forward to running my first 5k race on March 9th. Yikes!

I'm a bit worried about running without Laura, though. I *need* her. I'm not sure I could do a race without her in my ear. These longer runs are tough and I don't know if I can dig deep without hearing her soothing tones.

Should I try a run without her, or should I plan to race with a W9 podcast in my ear?

3 Replies

• I would try running without Laura beforehand. But it wouldnt hurt to bring her along on the day.

• Have you checked the rules of your race to see if you're allowed to wear headphones? Some places discourage it while others have an outright ban. I would try running without once a week, lots of people find they enjoy it. I'm no longer listening to Laura but it did take me a long time to break the habit!

• Thanks! Will ask about rules. And will (gulp) have a go at running without Laura.

You may also like...