1st run in 4 months and I managed 5k

My last run was back in October. A few days ago a colleague mentioned a 10k race in May happening just at our doorstep, so I thought I would try and do it. Yesterday I picked up my trainers, downloaded mapmyrun and rockmyrun and off I went to the park. I feel very unconfortable with cold weather, and that's why I couldn't run after October. But having put on some warm technical top and a windproof jacket I felt ok despite the 5 degrees.

By the 3rd kilometer I was feeling like stopping, but then I don't know why I thought I should try and do at least the full half hour of music. When it finished I fell I could get to the 5k, and in 36m17s I have done it.

Looking forward to go back running tomorrow.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • 5k after 4 months off? That is fantastic, and heartening to those folk who have had to stop because of illness or injury (or the cold weather). Good to have a goal!

• Yes that's fantastic ! Got me thinking I might have a go after 8wks of injury ( mind you , knowing my luck best not! ) I'll stick to my original plan lol . Congratulations brilliant .

You may also like...