Mini Woohoo!

Terrible week in work last week so haven't run since last Friday. Had a more positive day yesterday (which meant a better nights sleep), so I got myself up this morning at 8am to do my first run in over a week.

Thought I'd take it steady and aim for a safe 15 minutes but I increased my speed from 4.8mph to 5mph (8kph) as a sort of mini challenge. I can usually only do 5 minutes at 5mph at the end of a run, so I just thought I'd see how long I could do it for. It was a nice surprise when I managed the whole 15 mins at that speed, with the final 5 min section increased to a 2% incline (from 1%), then the last 90 seconds at 3%.

Then my BF & I walked into town and around the harbourside, clocking up about 7 miles in total. Despite the weather changing from cloudy but dry to wildly wet and windy in around 10 minutes, I've had a great day and fingers crossed work will be a bit better next week!

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Wow - sounds like a great run. Hope the work stress eases up for you this week.

• No stress this week! Well done.

You may also like...