Today I ran for 50 minutes without stopping!

Thought I'd mix things up by doing a longer run today as I've got rather fixated on trying to break the sub-30 min 5K barrier (and long runs help with speed anyway) so this morning I changed my route and just kept going... I deliberately didn't try and complete a distance, just a time which I measured against the C25K podcasts. Week 8 is exactly 40 mins long, including the warm up and cool down, so I timed myself against that and then continued into the first 10 mins of Week 9 (which of course includes everyone's desert-island track, "You and Julie", oh joy). It's the longest run I've ever done.

Of course having said I wasn't going to get fixated on how far I'd run, what was the first thing I did when I got home (even before having a shower?) Yes, measured my route on Google Maps, ha ha! And it was comfortably over 8K, that's 5 miles! Very satisfying. But ooh my calves ache a bit now, though not in a bad way.

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Congratulations. Your first five mile run is another milestone......or five.

• Well done. I think the slow music makes running harder. That's one heck of a run. Great way to end the week.

• Fantastic, that sounds like a great run, well done you, enjoy the lovely buzzy feeling in your muscles!!

You may also like...