Really struggled to do 4.12km today!

Braced myself for a damp cold run this morning. Big effort to get out - still feeling delicate with this horrid chesty cold. When the rain started I turned for home, although I did manage to use the park gym on my way back. I'm struggling to keep up the momentum at the moment and feel very weak - hence I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Not sure I should be going out at all in this damp cold weather. Still, today's 'run' has eased the calf muscles which were very painful yesterday!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • It's not pleasant running with this weather. I'd probably not have got out from under the duvet if it wasn't for the arrangement I've made to run with a friend. We were both wrapped up with hats, scarves and gloves, then a guy ran past in his shorts!

• You know what they say? No sense - no feeling! I would have been well wrapped up too!

• You did well to get out there- especially if you aren't feeling the best. Linda

• Definately don't beat yourself up. I'm currently feeling too weak to run (some weird dizzy/sickness thingy) but am managing to get outside and walk most days. Figure its better than nothing !

You may also like...