What's my next goal to be? And what are your goals?

I'm so delighted with myself - having started the C25K programme in April, last Sunday I did my first 10k run. I did another 10k this morning. So far I feel that my body is up to the task, although I do have a bit of a niggle in my ankles - a little warning sign not to overdo it I think.

Each time I managed it in just under an hour.

I would like to maintain the 10k until my joints are ready for me to push a little harder, a little further.

I'm thinking that at the moment I should do Parkrun (5k), local pootle (7-8k) and long run (10k) as my weeky schedule.

But then... what should my next challenge be?

I was thinking, perhaps aim for ten miles (about 16k) next, then aim for 13 miles (about 20k) - the half-marathon distance?

How would you pace it?

I'm not following a programme, but I followed the 10% rule in getting myself from 5 to 10k - although I spread it out a little, 10% a fortnight rather than 10% a week, and I wasn't totally strict about it.

Would love your opinions.

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • To be honest I don't think I know enough yet to be able to suggest a plan but I would say have a look at the asics website they can design a plan to get you to whatever distance you want especially if you have a race date in mind......good luck

You may also like...