Hardest Thing I've ever done!!!!

Sorry, haven't posted for a while, life has been getting in the way, flooding washing machines, (running gear got a bit smelly at one stage) work functions, Xmas shopping etc etc....Anyway I've managed to squeeze the runs in, although not at the day on day off that I would like. Sunday morning was week 7 Run 3 in the park, got to 23 minutes and met a colleague walking in the park. There was no way I was stopping, so I huffed and puffed an apology and carried on! So sorry colleague, but now the whole office knows that the fat manager from the first floor sweats like a fat lass! Tonight was Week 8 Run 1, OMG did it hurt! Legs felt like lead. I made it but I'm pretty sure it was only the Xmas lights that kept me going. Another busy few days ahead, including work trips to the big bad city so I won't get to run again until Friday morning. Sunday will also be a no no (hangover booked), so I'm thinking Saturday afternoon after Friday morning as I'm worried that next Monday night is too long a break at this stage in the stamina building game. I so want to graduate before Xmas now. Happy running everyone. As always, advice welcome xx

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done for fitting your running in around all your commitments, and hangovers ;) not sure I'd fancy running into anyone I work with but I'd say now the whole office knows that you're getting out there running, so good for you! :D

• I went for a run after work the other day but left my loaf of bread there in error. Popped back in using the back entrance only to find 3 colleagues in the vicinity of my loaf. So I'm outed too. My colleagues are lovely & they were all rather congratulatory of my getting out there & running. I bet your colleagues were impressed too. As for advice, one of the folk here recently wrote that running turned out to be a good hangover cure. Can't vouch for that but definitely worth a try.

You may also like...