Week 3 run 2 finished!!

So proud of myself! I started my first week running 1.15 miles with an average pace of 16.09 min/mile. Today I got up early and ran 1.28 miles with an average pace of 11.42 min/mile all by myself! I am actually really proud of myself. =D I do have one question I didn't eat before going out this morning. What is the best thing to eat after a run and when should it be eaten? I dont like bananas before its suggested lol! Thanks guys for all your inspiration xx

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Cheeki

Are you following the Couch to 5 k running plan? I eat a bowl of porridge about an hour to 90 mins before my run and don't eat afterwards. If you are hungry afterwards just keep it simple like a small bowl of rice pudding or just a bog standard biccy

Good luck with your runs!

• I am but I'm doing it on an app called run double on android. Problem is, I want to start running more first thing so getting up even earlier just to have breakfast isn't what i want to be doing really. I've also heard exercising on an empty stomach increases your metabolism. It wasn't the fact i was hungry because i ran, it was because it was breakfast time. but thank you for advice xx

• My fuel is half of one of those unmentionables, which I eat immediately before going out for a morning run, eating the other half on return. Probably more important is to drink some water before you start, I drink about 250ml, for a short run and 500ml for a long (10k+). Good luck.

You may also like...