Advice please. . Right hip has started to hurt 15 mins into run

Never had this before. Started recently. Could it be because I'm only managing one run a week (30mins) or do I need to get my gait looked at and some new trainers? I've had my current pair for 4 years. As soon as I stop running the pain stops. Any advice would be much appreciated! Loving my running and don't want to stop. Thanks!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • It could well be your shoes. pop along to any reputable running shop and get a free gait analysis done. Runing shoes start to fail and make you run differently.

I encountered a similar thing when I developed a lovely verruca on my big toe. I started holding my foot differently, and my hip started to hurt ~ when I stopped running, the pain went.

Good luck, and remember that you can get last seasons colours/styles for a fraction of the price of this years ones!

• Thank you! I think you are right I've had mine for sometime so perhaps I need a change. Thanks for the tip about last seasons colours and styles - don't care what they look like as long as my hip doesn't hurt!

You may also like...