Week 8 done!

Did week 8 run 3 today, not much to report really. I will probably have to change my route soon because the trail I run on is getting very muddy now. It's a shame, because I chose my route based on it being 3 miles long and it's been a good incentive seeing myself improve along the same distance each time. Another route will probably have to include a fair amount of road running which I'm not thrilled about. I will have to ponder on which route to try next, onwards to graduation week.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I'm on week 8, too. Just finished run 2 today. How did you find it? I find it a struggle from about 15 mins. Felt a bit faint at the end. I've been brave and changed my route a lot so I can focus on what's around me rather than on the tough running.

• I struggled on week 7 at 25 minutes but have been fine on week 8. When Laura said I could try speeding up for the last minute, I thought you must be joking Laura I'm practically crawling! It was like that for a few runs, but each time I felt slightly stronger than the time before, so I tried to focus on that and it gradually got a bit easier.

I've been running the same route on a trail but will have to change this soon I'm a bit worried about that. Maybe, if you feel faint you might need to eat or drink a bit more before? I sometimes have to slow down a bit at the halfway point to make sure I will make it to the end. I'm sure it will pass for you too soon though x

You may also like...