Back in the park!

I have started the program during the summer, managed to do fantastic runs on the beach but stopped for a couple of months after that. I have slowly started to run again. A run per week for the past three weeks. I now feel that it is tome for me to commit to my 3 runs per week again. No more excuses, just get dress, out of the door and start running.

It is great to read other people experience here. I might start writing more after my runs and get some support.

The run today was great. I have rediscovered the local park, started running everywhere instead of following the track in circles. It's good to feel different surfaces and small ups and downs.

Over the last 3 weeks, I was running on week 5 #1. Today I started with week 5#2. Because I have stopped for some time I am not sure where I should start again. I had done up to week 6#1 during the summer. I am slightly scared of running 20mins straight again and was gently building up to it. Any advice is welcome!

A good run to you all and thanks for the support.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hello. Well done in getting back to the programme. It sounds as if you are doing really well and you are already completing week 5 R1&2. Fabulous! Why not go for run 3? You'll be fine because you've already done it. Your body will remember and your mind will do as you tell it! Happy running.

• Thanks a lot ! I've done my week 5 #3 today ! It was great and I feel super happy. Week 6 here I come !!!

• Brilliant! Well done. Bet you're still smiling! Keep us posted.

You may also like...