How long does each run/walk take?

Hello. I'm just getting my head round starting this and starting to plan the runs/walks to and from my home. Before I get used to creating circuits I will probably have to turn round half way. With this in mind, can anyone tell me how long each walk/run is for each week? e.g. for Week One it says "Begin with a brisk 5-minute walk, then alternate 60 seconds of running and 90 seconds of walking, for a total of 20 minutes." - so is this a total of 25 minutes??? Thanks in advance.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • It's 30 minutes as you have another 5 minute walk at the end. Not sure if the later podcasts are any longer or still only a total of 30 minutes as I'm only about to start week 2 x

• download the 5k wall chart it tell you how long each run walk takes .

• Many thanks to you both. Good luck with week 2 RainbowPixie!

• When I started I had a route which i used to go for a walk round and probably took me about 40 mins to stroll. I just started using this and I should think up to about week 5 or 6 it was fine, but as I got further into the programme, I had to make adjustments to extend its length to fit in with the run - i just turned right instead of left at one point and turned round to go back once Laura had said I was through the half way point.

Good luck and enjoy your journey.

You may also like...