How long does each run/walk take?

Hello. I'm just getting my head round starting this and starting to plan the runs/walks to and from my home. Before I get used to creating circuits I will probably have to turn round half way. With this in mind, can anyone tell me how long each walk/run is for each week? e.g. for Week One it says "Begin with a brisk 5-minute walk, then alternate 60 seconds of running and 90 seconds of walking, for a total of 20 minutes." - so is this a total of 25 minutes??? Thanks in advance.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • It's 30 minutes as you have another 5 minute walk at the end. Not sure if the later podcasts are any longer or still only a total of 30 minutes as I'm only about to start week 2 x

• download the 5k wall chart it tell you how long each run walk takes .

• Many thanks to you both. Good luck with week 2 RainbowPixie!

• When I started I had a route which i used to go for a walk round and probably took me about 40 mins to stroll. I just started using this and I should think up to about week 5 or 6 it was fine, but as I got further into the programme, I had to make adjustments to extend its length to fit in with the run - i just turned right instead of left at one point and turned round to go back once Laura had said I was through the half way point.

Good luck and enjoy your journey.

You may also like...