Beat My Boss: Update 1

Oh, how quickly good intentions are foiled by everyday life!

I had it all planned - 3 months to get into "better" shape and lose a bit of weight (with a secret aim to lose weight alongside my Boss) - a new me for the New Year. It even started OK, my first run in a while was a decent 15 minutes - I was quite chuffed! Then when we arrived home from work on Monday night, we found a matching pair of letters from a Solicitors - we had been served with a Section 21 on our rental - we had to be out by Dec 2nd! WTF??!!

So, as is typical, I went into MELTDOWN - panic stations!!! I think I did another run that week but I really can't remember. Any hoo, it all went a bid off plan and a lot crappy food was eaten - a likely homeless situation does not bode well for exercise and cooking proper food. The next week I did try harder with another 2 or 3 runs - upping the time to 20 minutes (doing the last 5 at a higher speed and incline). We went and viewed a couple of houses and found one we liked - phew! The BF was nominated as the organiser of "The Move" - with a lot of input from me - obviously!

Luckily we'd booked some time off for the end of the month which means we can move in a week before our new rental actually starts (thanks new Landlord) and we have plenty of time to get the old place cleaned up. This week (Tuesday) I did a 25 minute run - I did feel like I could have gone on longer but I needed the loo (that 5 minute cool down walk felt like a lifetime). Then on Thursday I could only manage a 5 minute run. As you all know, those crappy runs pop up out of nowhere with no rhyme or reason. So I got up this morning and ran again; for a whole 30 minutes - woohoo! I don't think I've done a 30 minute run since the beginning of August (30 Day Shred put paid to that).

So have I lost any weight? Amazingly considering all the crap I've eaten, I've lost 1 3/4 lbs, which isn't a huge amount but it's something! So, 3 weeks in, I've done a 30 minute run and lost nearly 2 lbs. AND we have lovely new house to move into next weekend. October started off so badly (I won't even mention the £600 ISA cock-up) but hopefully it'll all be OK by the end!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well, it doesn't sound to me like your good intentions have been foiled at all - you've had a huge stress to deal with but you are keeping up the running and that's fantastic. Personally I would think you can be forgiven for a bit of crap-eating given the circumstances.

Congratulations on not giving up in such difficult circumstances, and keep thinking of the new routes you will be able to run from your new home - good luck with the move!

• I agree with Jellymum, you have done really well. Kept running when you could and even lost weight!

Hope the house flit goes well.

You may also like...