First post graduation run

Having finished week 9 at the weekend, I went out this evening for my first run as a graduate. I decided to try the stepping stone C25K+ podcast. I have to say I am still uncertain as to what I feel about it at the moment. Certainly any hopes that post-graduation running would magically get easy were dashed, as I found it quite hard, but I guess that is good in that it is testing me in new ways. On the one hand I liked the structure it gave the run with the frequent advice from Laura and changes of track/pace and with having to concentrate on keeping in time with the rhythm I was not worrying too much for most of the time on how much time I still had to run for or how tired I was etc,. Overall the time went really quickly because of this. However, I did find it very hard to stick to the required pace - not that it was too strenuous (although I was tiring a lot at the end) so much as my natural running rhythm was often either slightly faster or slower than the requirement - hence the need to continually concentrate and control myself which felt a bit forced at times. I will certainly try it a few more times though to see how my feelings on it evolve.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I tried it for a while and certainly helped me consolidate my graduate runs. The speed one is quite good for a short sharp run.

Well done on your graduation:-)

• I tried it too - I was worried I would miss Laura. No idea if I was running on the beat? I don't think so as they all seemed the same. But it helped with my arms! And the nagging ( arms! Head! 1 2 3 4! Arms! Feet!) kept me thoroughly distracted! I will try again...

• Ok. Now I will have to try c25k+ as I want to find out about the arms! Head! 1234 !!! I will let you know how I get on.

• I think I might have to give it a go as well, have a bit of a mix up with Laura and Zombies alternating lol!

You may also like...