W7R1 - and whooped nasty virus backside :)

Not been feeling too well of late, managed to get through W6 but had to be taking a couple of days rest inbetween runs as not feeling well. And then it came - the awful virus that everyone around my neck of the woods seems to be getting lately. FIVE days of no running - felt gutted and thought I might have to repeat W6.

However, got myself out this morning and have to say I was dreading it but I was determined to get onto W7. I started steady and managed to keep going but the last half I started to hurt but dug deep and carried on. I actually thought I'd missed Laura telling me that I only had 5 minutes to go - took forever for her to say that, but when she did I dug a bit deeper and managed to finish, no extra energy to go faster for the last 60 seconds, so on I plodded.

I say plodded but I have to say I was a bit surprised when I hit the stop button on Strava to find out that in 25 minutes I had done 4.6k!!!!! Well my 5 minute walk home included a big cheesy grin on my face, goodness knows what other people thought but actually - I didn't care!

Very proud of myself for just going for it although I have an awful feeling in my throat at the mo and a bit tired. So steady afternoon, early night tonight and fingers crossed the nasty virus will not reappear

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done, that's a fantastic result and especially so after having to take five days out.

• Well done NuttyNat! :)

You may also like...