Week 2 complete!

Very happy, got up early and cleared week 2 run 3. Still finding the earlier 90s runs harder than the later ones. On the last two I felt I had settled into a pace I could have continued. Just as well really, with week 3 coming up.

Highlights:

- Another runner waved at me. Another runner... that makes me, er, a runner. Felt great. Thank you to whoever that was.

- I overtook a barge. It felt a lot more exciting than it sounds here. Really, it was amazing.

Lowlights:

- Cows. Big cows with horns, in the path. One looked at me. I was so scared I took a different route home.

- Wardrobe fail: I invested in fancy running leggings and set out to do a week 2 run in them. They were too big and really needed pulled up every 2 minutes. Just as well that week 2 only has you running for 90s. I got some that fit now.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • A lovely post and congratulations on finishing the week. Barge racing could catch on......and of course you are a runner now. I love the cows (mainly bullocks actually) on my runs and the slightly bemused look they give me as I run past, as if to say "....what on earth....."

Enjoy your running.

• No cows here in suburbia. Only one cat today, who glared at me as i ran past. But it's weird how every person I see has a dog on a lead in front of them - must be some sort of walking aid, perhaps?

• Bring on week 3, then!

You may also like...