Aw...Crashed out at 18 mins! :S

Well having completed run 2 of week 6 fairly smoothly, I thought I would just go for run 3. I started off well, I thought I could do it, but in my attempts to lengthen my route a bit, I ended up scrambling over a few fallen branches and going around in circles through the woods. When I got back out onto the road, it felt very warm and suddenly I just couldn't run any further. First time I haven't completed a run since beginning! Hope I'm not plateauing. I shall try again on Sunday!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • No plateau in sight - i think you just had a tough run - all that scrabbling around in the woods will have sucked energy out of your legs - it was also very humid yesterday. Put it behind you and on with the next run:-)

Best of luck

• It happens, just put it behind you, and move forward :)

• Faffing about with fallen branches and going round in circles is not good, you lose your rhythm and it upsets your legs. Have a rest then another go.

• Thank you everyone. I have a friend staying who is a seasoned runner and wants me to run with her tomorrow - gulp. She knows my level (hopefully) and it may spur me on. Unfortunately I've had a major bout of IBS this afternoon, but I'll go out if feeling back to normal. :)

You may also like...