W7R1 - A Bit of a Struggle

Just a quick update to say that I got through W7R1 this evening.

I struggled throughout, but ran it slowly and managed to speed up at the end. The only reason I didn't quit is because I am a stubborn old so-and-so and I don't like to fail at anything. I had to have a nap on the sofa when I'd finished!

I think the reason it was so tough is because I made the mistake of attempting a long run when I was hungry. I'll will learn from that and make sure I have some fuel on board for the next one.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Hi again and well done on successfully completing W7 R1. I think you are right to take it steadily,keeping something in the 'reserve tank' for the bit at the end ...you finish on a bit of a high then,too.

I so get the stubborn thing too....with this program failure just cannot be an issue for me. Anyway ...now't wrong with a siesta now and again ! Have a nice weekend :)

PS that word ' stubborn' looks so wrong to me now I've typed it...weird,thought know spellings right .

You may also like...