Am I making excuses for my short legs?

I completed W9R3 last week and I've timed myself for the running part and have covered a distance of 3.7km. Bit disappointing as it's so far away from 5K, but I hope the distance will come with time. I downloaded the Couch to 5K+ and did the Stepping Stones run today and covered the same distance of 3.7km. Would a taller person doing the Stepping Stones podcast when you run at a certain pace (150, 155 then 160 bpm) cover a greater distance or am I just making excuses for my short legs?!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yes they would cover a greater distance as with each step/beat they travel further- but I think technique counts for something so that will improve over time- I have also decided not to compare myself to others (i am short) and as long as I keep making small improvements I will be happy :-)

• Hi! I'm tall but I think it also depends on how long your strides are, I know I don't normally run at my longest stride as I can only do that on my 'fast' intervals (on b210k)

I think I would be at risk of overstriding & injuring myself... by doing c25k+ & running 3 times a week I have consistently improved my times for 5k & distances

You may also like...