Back to 1 Hour Runs for me :)

Had my Gallbladder out 10 days ago and I was really depressed at thought of all the hard work that I had done toward running and fitness going to pot during the recovery period.

Anyway the op went really well and I didn't need to have open surgery (a possibility due to a previous complication).

I spoke to the surgeon after the operation whose (without dropping any names) a Renowned Laparoscopic and Royal Surgeon :) and he said that I could try running after just 1 week! Which I did, so I did a 5k Last Thursday and another on Friday, then today I went back to running for 1 hour, which was my pre-op level (with the occasional 90 minute run every few weeks). I'm extremely chuffed :)

Hopefully all being well, I am back now to running 60 minutes 3 times a week, fingers crossed!

Happy Running All!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Wow you're doing well. I had my gallbladder removed by keyhole sugery 3 years ago and it took me over 4 weeks to recover. I could hardly move during the first week.

• Wow, Olsbean - amazing! :)

• That's pretty impressive!!

• Great stuff oldbeans.....keep going :)

You may also like...