Starting too fast and dying!!

I have been for a couple of runs in the last week and ended up having to walk for a couple of minutes to recover during them. I have found pacing difficult as I go off too fast so today I plugged Laura back in and hey presto! my pace was steady and I managed 5 k in about 33 minutes with the first two uphill. Hurray!

I have to get my runs organised. I like someone's post who said they were going back to week 1 and running fast and slow instead of jog and walk. How's everyone else doing after our week of lots of graduates?

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • sounds just like me too - get that green graduate badge on and all of a sudden you can belt out super fast running from the get go .....

it's all about getting the right pace for the first half - then you can speed up - I think there is a technical running term for it but I can't remember!

.. .currently laid up because I thought I was super-human on one of my runs - ouch - clearly not!!

You may also like...