Stepping stones and BPM

I did my first run after graduation using the stepping stones podcast and I found it really good with the tips on better running technique and the 5mins to next track etc which I found really broke things up and it was a great run.

The one thing I did struggle with was getting in time with the music- I think at the beginning I wanted to go faster than the music and then I just could get it. I keep saying 1-2-3-4 to myself but always felt I was on the wrong foot! Help!

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yes, I found Stepping Stones a bit slow at 150bpm too. You'll probably find that you are more in tune with Speed and Stamina as I think they start at 155/158bpm. Then there are the Audiofuel offerings which go all the way to 200bpm... but that's some way above my pay grade. :)

• I'm the same - 160 is about my comfortable pace, so most of Stepping Stone is hard work trying to hold back. I did it on Sunday morning, and every time the music came back after Laura had spoken, I found I had to slow down my pace again. Stamina is definitely a notch quicker right from the start - and the extra five minutes mean you're working that bit extra there too.

• How do these/does this exercise work in practise? Am a cyclist recuperating, and much frustrated by the 'impediment'. 2 hours a day using plasters and swathes of cloth for pain/misery protection.

• How do these/does this exercise work in practise? Am a cyclist recuperating, and much frustrated by the 'impediment'. 2 hours a day using plasters and swathes of cloth for pain/misery protection.

You may also like...