Stepping stones and BPM

I did my first run after graduation using the stepping stones podcast and I found it really good with the tips on better running technique and the 5mins to next track etc which I found really broke things up and it was a great run.

The one thing I did struggle with was getting in time with the music- I think at the beginning I wanted to go faster than the music and then I just could get it. I keep saying 1-2-3-4 to myself but always felt I was on the wrong foot! Help!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yes, I found Stepping Stones a bit slow at 150bpm too. You'll probably find that you are more in tune with Speed and Stamina as I think they start at 155/158bpm. Then there are the Audiofuel offerings which go all the way to 200bpm... but that's some way above my pay grade. :)

• I'm the same - 160 is about my comfortable pace, so most of Stepping Stone is hard work trying to hold back. I did it on Sunday morning, and every time the music came back after Laura had spoken, I found I had to slow down my pace again. Stamina is definitely a notch quicker right from the start - and the extra five minutes mean you're working that bit extra there too.

• How do these/does this exercise work in practise? Am a cyclist recuperating, and much frustrated by the 'impediment'. 2 hours a day using plasters and swathes of cloth for pain/misery protection.

• How do these/does this exercise work in practise? Am a cyclist recuperating, and much frustrated by the 'impediment'. 2 hours a day using plasters and swathes of cloth for pain/misery protection.

You may also like...