Starting week five.....dam my thunder thighs!

Just completed run 1 week 5. Did it ,but hate the heavy leg feeling that I keep getting. Does anyone else have this problem. I am slowly losing weight but have always had thunder thighs. My breathing and recovery time between runs is pretty good for a fattie,but I do really feel my legs on longer runs.They just feel so heavy and I am conscious of having to lift them up with every step. I hope as I continue to lose weight this will improve as they won't have to be subjected to carrying such a wide load. However as I push on through this programme I need some advice on how to deal with this. After a run the muscles in my legs stiffen up and ache like heck when i am not active making me really appreciate the day off before the next run. I run outdoors x country on bridleways and the ground is quite rough but I love being outdoors and avoid roadwork because I like to take my dog with me.

Any advice much appreciated.x

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done for getting this far....you're almost half way to a shiny badge! Have you tried doing thigh stretches after your run?

• No I haven't tried that but will. Have just got in from doing some jobs outside . I have a lot of animals to tend at home, and I really start to feel it in my legs when I have stopped and sit down for the evening. When I go to get up again my legs feel stiff and achey.

You may also like...