Stamina podcast - loved it

Have had an extra rest day, due to a 48 hour stomach bug, so to get me back in the swing of things I tried the Stamina podcast.

Really enjoyed it - the pace was good for me, the music was relaxing but helped me maintain pace, Laura's reminders kept my arms going and my shoulders from hunching... BUT it took me LONGER to run 5k. A personal worst! I don't know whether to be positive - after all my form has improved, I enjoyed the run and I did my longest run yet (40 mins). On the other hand I'm further away from 5k in 30 mins than ever. :-( Grrr.

I think I'll try the Speed podcast on Friday!

2 Replies

• I have downloaded this but not tried it yet as I've been doing the stepping stones which I also enjoyed. Thought I would alternate stepping stones, stamina and speed but not quite sure which order yet

But at the minute I'm only running 3k in 30 mins so think it should be speed on my next run. Good luck with your runs ;)

• Yay, someone else who does 3K in 30 minutes. I've just graduated and, the same as a lot of other people, wondering what next - more stamina (30 minutes and I'm seriously done) or a bit more speed. I've downloaded the 5K+ podcasts and I'm going to try them. My ultimate aim is to be able to run for the whole 5k at parkrun, may take a while to achieve :)

You may also like...