Couch to 5K
52,510 members84,570 posts

Intervals Finished

We all my interval runs are done and dusted and now it is time to harden up and get some long runs happening. I have been doing my running on a treadmill, which has been great as it is so cold at the moment but am really looking forward to the spring weather in a couple of months time and being able to head outdoors knowing that I can actually do it. I do not like running at all and unfortunately my head has been telling me for so long now that I can't possibly run (I'm 40 now not 14) and I have been so excited to prove my head wrong and simply keep going. I will be doing Week 7 Run 3 tomorrow after having a rest day today and I can't wait :-) And I also can't wait to get to a stage where I love running......

3 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done! I'm 45 and if anyone had said to me earlier in the year I'd be running just 5 minutes (am just on Week 5) I'd have laughed in their faces. I'm actually just starting to enjoy it. Keep going.

Forty? Only 40? You're only a baby! Some of us on here are pensioners and wish we were only 40 again! Well done for setting out on this programme! Give your head a serious talking to and keep on getting out there!

Thanks guys, we are certainly a new generation of runners aren't we :-) 6 weeks ago I could barely get through the 3 minute runs so now that I can run for 20-25 minutes is an amazing achievement.....I am really looking forward to doing some fun runs later in the year and also looking to go beyond the 5 km mark and be able to run 10 kms....gotta have goals :-)

You may also like...