Oh Ma Gawd!

After much deliberation and ponderment (not a proper word I know but I like it!), the BF & I have finally bought ourselves a treadmill - eek!

Argos had a decent (so say the reviews) Reebok ZR8 at a reasonable £399 (£650 at Next!). My parents have loaned us the money (love you guys xxx) which we can pay back over the next 5 / 6 months. 2 memberships and petrol for a year costs us roughly £1200 so we are definitely going to save money. But most importantly we can exercise when we want and without having to think about the commute!

***For those of you who are tutting at the cost and muttering "save money and run outside - it's FREE". I know that but I have "issues" with outside (I like running without my glasses on for example - see my other posts)***

Anyway it was delivered today after a bit of a faff (about an hour late) and we've just unpacked it. It weighs about 12 stone and the box was soooooooooo big, the 2 of us could lie flat in it! A bit of tinkering and a LOT of polystyrene later, it's up and running. The BF had a bit of a go on it and seems to like it but the big test will be tomorrow morning when I attempt my first run in God knows how long. It's a beast of a machine and I hope I get on with it!

I've fallen off the wagon a bit since mid May where I haven't stuck to my usual thrice weekly 30 min runs. I've had my fun (mostly food - lovely, lovely food) so now I need to get back to it! I'm planning on starting gently, with a 15 min run. Then I want to build back up to 30 mins and then push on to running 5k. I'm also thinking about doing the 5:2 diet and the 30 Day Shred during July and August so that I can look totally hot on holiday in September!

Wish me luck guys and gals xxx

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Ooh, lucky you getting your own shiny new treadmill! :) (I have free access to one, but it's old, and in what's basically an outhouse with some gym equipment. And lots of spiders. *shudder*

As you say now, there'll be no excuses for you ;) Hope you had fun this morning :)

Happy running!

You may also like...