W8R3 - now there are 24 blue ticks on my wall chart & I only got room for 3 more!

Anyone who read my earlier posts might remember that I have been meticulously ticking off every single run on my wall chart. Then as each week is complete I also delete the podcast too - kind of my ritual way of keeping track & to keep me moving along (plus it means that I cannot wimp out and repeat any of the previous weeks)

Last night I was able to completely tick off W8, just one day behind plan - and I've deleted it from my phone too. So now the wall chart looks pretty full, the phone looks pretty empty & I feel pretty darned good.

I honestly can't believe there is just 3 more runs left - how the hell did that happen?.

Yes I've had a couple of bad patches, but on the whole I have genuinely enjoyed seeing my progress & especially now that I actually feel good about it (even if I do look like a pillock).

What is even more astounding is that it turns out I can go pretty quick for a short fat lad who's not exercised in 20 years.

So, onto the numbers & last night I managed to earn 4 trophies on endomondo - but - since I am now doing 5k distances I might have to set myself a little target there!

Cooper (furthest distance in 12mins) was 1.91km

1mile - 10:01

3mile - 32:37

5k - 34:03..... this is the one that I am most proud of, I did 5k in a 5min fast walk +28min run = 33 mins - so I only had to extend the running by 1 min before I hit 5k.

Again with a pretty consistent pace & each kilometer is within a few seconds of each other.

As I look towards my W9, I want to say to every single one of you out there, that no matter where you are on your running journey - no matter how far out of your comfort zone you might feel - you have already got what it takes to do this & can make it - believe in Laura, believe in the program but above all else, believe in yourself.

Happy Running.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Get you! Well done. Only one more week:) !! thank you for your kind words on my blog. I did try to respond to your post but it placed the comment at the bottom of the pile so it looked like it was a general comment! Well done on how much you have achieved so far and heres to many more weeks running! :)

• Well done! I have a similar method of colouring in a spreadsheet box after every run...it is taking longer than I thought to complete but as you rightly say - you have to believe in yourself - no matter how many set backs try to push you off course!! Congrats with your times too!

• Well done! Good luck for your final week! :)

You may also like...