5k in 32 minutes...I am calling myself a graduate!!

Hello all, well I went out for my 'graduation' run today, previously I had run 29 minutes, then 5k in 34 minutes, and now 5k in 32 minutes :-) am very very happy with this time, although my ongoing post-run shin pain is still a problem. I think my increased pace is down to running in my brilliant new Asics Gel Nimbus 15 trainers, they are amazing! So comfortable, like running on air. Would highly recommend them!

I still can't believe I've gone from somebody who struggled to run for a minute way back in August, to somebody who can now run 5k in a decent time. Quite frankly, I feel marvellous!

I'm still going to post on here every now and then because I love reading how everyone else is doing. Good luck to you all and thanks for the support :-)

3 Replies

• Congrats!! That is really great! My personal best was 32 minutes and 52 Seconds, I am trying to run 5 K in 30 minutes or lesser. It is my personal goal in the Race for Life that I will be doing on 14th July. It is great, isn't it when you know that you really CAN RUN!

Good luck to you for your future runs!

• Congratulations! that is fantastic - well done. That's an amazing time.

I've only just started the programme but really feel the difference already and really feel as though I can do this!

All the best for life as a Graduate.... :)

• Congratulations! I feel the same way. Interesting to hear about your asics, I went to get fitted yesterday and they recommended the asics GT 3000 as apparently I need a stability shoe. They were super expensive though...

Your time is great too! :)

You may also like...