W2R3 - Back to where I was

I am happy to have now reached the point I was at when I injured both knees and had to take some time out, then restart the programme. Had a pretty rubbish morning and had to sit at the computer when I was planning to run, but I dragged myself out after digesting lunch and my session went ok. I went quite slowly and the running intervals didn't seem as bad as on Wednesday. Helped that there was a nice cool breeze too. My right knee does hurt a little bit now, but if it doesn't get any worse, I aim to start Week 3 on Monday. Rather nervous!

For some reason my right headphone has stopped working too. Will see what the shop say about this as I prefer to hear Laura's encouragement in stereo! I concentrated on my breathing more today and managed to do about 60 seconds of a run with 3 steps breathing in and 3 steps out. I simply can't do 4 yet, as Laura suggests, and after about a minute, my rather dog-like pant seemed to return despite my best efforts!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • It sounds as though you are finding out what works best for you - that's good. Enjoy your third week of the programme. All the very best with it.

• Thank you! I hope that after a while, I can run instinctively rather than wondering if I am doing it right! All the best to you too.

• I wouldn't get hung up on the breathing thing I couldn't get on with it either and then I read that your body takes care of breathing by itself so that's what I do :)

• Thanks. I was wondering if it would. Maybe as I get fitter I will pant less!

You may also like...