W8R1 - there are bad runs, there are good runs and then there are these runs :-)

Having been a little down and starting to doubt myself during W7, I was really struggling with the thought of going out again & even putting off the run for a day or two - plus this one was for 3 more minutes than the 25 minute torture runs of W7, plus it's hot, plus its sunny, plus my couch is more comfy..... plus all the other excuses - this was W8R1.

It was only 3 more minutes & I know I can do that right?

So maybe something else was putting me off - well the last 2 runs of W7 were along a different route, venturing out in public along the tow path & then W7R3 was in my new shorts which rubbed like mad and have since caused much amusement in the questions section here - so what exactly was wrong?

Well I have cut down my new shorts & I went back to my old route - my long straight road on the industrial park - it's seriously long at over 0.8k and dead straight. As soon as I was on it I felt right, I knew every stride, the lamppost at the far end then the fence post at the other end - and in just three little words.....

...... I ran 5k ......

(well not fully run - I always start the timing when I start the warmup walk)... but let's not worry about that

I have just covered my very first 5k in W8R1 and you know what - I am so so pleased with myself. That is 5k in 34:24 (6walking + 28running) .... 5k at all .... 5k ..... I just did 5k

So to this place, to Laura & to everyone who is running alongside me .... you have got me to 5k and I have now got just 5 more runs to go until the end. Thank you - all of you

Happy Running

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Congratulations on your achievement and all the very best with the rest of the programme.

• Well done - there is nothing like the comfort of a familar doable run. Psychologically it just gets you in the right place. So does that mean 5 runs to graduation - yippee for you.

Keep at it and happy running :-)

• What a great post :) sounds like you're doing really well. Not long til the end now ..... good luck!

You may also like...