Sun is up, so am I

I really like summer. As the sun rises earlier, so do I. I was running by 7.15 this morning, fuelled by nothing more substantial than half a grapefruit and a small cup of coffee (not much energy in either of those!). In truth, there wasn't much warmth in the air either but enough to let me run in my sooper-dooper racer-back running vest (which is actually a ladies one from the John Lewis January sale, but it fits well so whatever). And there was just no-one about. The sun shone, the leaves are that lovely spring green, the river ran, and so did I. it was lovely. I ran for 1hr 2 mins & did 10.2K. Then home for 2nd breakfast.

Aside, today is my daughter's 37th birthday. Fast forward another 37 years and I'll be 100. Hope I'm still running!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Morning Ned. Lovely blog post. Have to admit, I was due a running rest day today, but woke at 6, sun was shining through the curtains, running gear was on the chair in the bedroom, so I thought 'why not?'. It was lovely and quiet with a nice, gentle breeze and was, possibly, my most enjoyable run this week. I didn't cover quite as much distance as you, but I ran and it felt damn good. Definitely made the tea and toast taste better on my return.

Have a great day and Happy Birthday to your daughter!

• Thank you; it's hard to resist isn't it when the weather and the light are just right. It did feel good.

You may also like...