W8R1

The nearer I get to W9 the more "twitchy" I get on run days. Was willing the time to go in this morning so I could get out there and start W8.

I knew that this week the running time would be 28mins as I have read the details on the NHS website various times. It was just as well too, as I had forgotten to put W8 podcast on to my MP3 player. As I always start walking before switching on the MP3 player I was up the road a bit before I realised I was listening to W7. Oh what a fool I am!!!

So, as I couldn't be bothered to go home and connect the MP3 to the PC etc I decided I would just listen to W7 and add an extra 3mins at the end of the 25 and walk after having done the 28 mins. I will add W8 after blogging.

My pace was quite a bit slower today. Finished the route in 42mins 34secs. But that was deliberate. I was chatting to a friend at church last night who does a lot of running and cycling and we were comparing notes on times etc. He suggested that I should slow down so as not to exert my heart too much. So that is what I have done.

Will be wearing my two favourite T shirts for these last two weeks. This weeks T shirt is the Land Rover one from Haynes Workshop manual series. Logo says: "Fine British Kit, built tough". That just says it all really about the world's best 4X4 (in my opinion) Want to know what next weeks T will be? You'll have to check back next week!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Love your logo - very appropriate! :)

Yes, slow and steady is good advice, I'd say. :D

I look forward to finding out about the other t-shirt - and reading your graduation blog! :)

• I am beginning to think that a slower pace is harder on the legs as mine are aching more than during all the previous weeks.

• How strange! Maybe with the slower pace your running style is a bit different and the muscles are worked a bit differently? Very odd though! Can't say I've noticed that (but then I don't really have faster to compare with, I suppose). They might just get used to it though?

You may also like...