My First Charity 5k

My First Charity 5k

Yesterday I took part in the Do It For Charity Super Hero run in Regents Park, London. It was well organised and the atmosphere was great. Once I got running (it took a while for the crowd to thin out) I got into my stride quite quickly and before long i was passing the 1K marker, but a quick glance at my Garmin told me that I was still a way off Ik. I enjoyed the run, all on paths. According to Garmin I ran 4.72K in 27.06.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done - what a fantastic time! :)

I did Race for Life last weekend, and according to my phone it came up at around 4.5km; presumably the difference is to do with the shape of the course and how corners get cut. But hey, it means my first 'official' race time is a few minutes better than I was expecting...! ;)

• That looks like fun! Fast time too. Well done. :)

• I had great fun. I don't know how the guy in the Nando's Chicken outfit managed to run it though.

• Great photo and Congrats on doing the run. Fantastic time/distance! I like the running outfit! :-) Gayle

You may also like...