Week 7 - Run 1

Gave myself a slightly kinder run for week 7 R1 - less hills more flat etc. So set off in the rain - but to be honest i was not daunted by this. I am quite obsessed by the running now - and have myself in a good three times a week routine. I am determined to finish this programme and get my badge. I am completely delighted to have got this far. Do I enjoy the running - to be honest probably not - but I like the results. The sense of progression and that I am fitter and losing weight.

So off I went out in the drizzly mizzly rain - nearly defeated by a long slow hill - but walked it and started the 25 mins again. The 20 mins or so were ok - but the last 5 really hard work - I contented myself with thinking of great running playlists.

So it doesn't really get easier for me - but I am relatively confident I can get round - just because I trust Laura - who says I can do it - so I believe I can.

I am aiming for run 2 to be a more confident achievement - oh yes the most pleasing thing of today - I measured how far I had run - approx 2.25 miles - now that was pleasing. Have graduation in my sights now!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

oldestnewest

You may also like...