limped home this morning : (

W3R2 not a happy bunny. i had an achy left knee a year ago from gardening, kneeling on cold damp grass for too long... i do yoga once a week and its fine, but since ive started C25K its been niggling me. I also gardened last week (There should be health warnings about gardening!) i did W3R1 on thursday in the rain and it niggled but was fine, i purposely rested on saturday and sunday and went out this morning as it felt rested, but i after the first 3 min jog it was agony. i stretched before going out etc.... ive taken ibruprofen and have elevated, iced etc.. its my left knee fairly low down and on the inside. a friend suggested that i get my gait checked but nearest store is 2.5 hours away, i live in the sticks. i know i should see my GP but they will just say its the running (not the gardening). i feel a bit woe is me. i really want to make this work for me, im really enjoying it and now feel sad that im stuck.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • I have had problems with my knees as well, I have found running twice a week makes the world of difference. I did the 1st couple of weeks fine and then found me knees were getting worse, I have switched to doing 2 runs a week and whilst it means it will take me 3 weeks to do six runs I am much happier doing that, I tend to do a bike ride or something instead of the third run in the week.

It might be worth a try, I think I went from doing it Mon, Weds, Sat, gave up 3 times a week after the Weds run and that gave me 5 full days rest until I started again and now run Monday, Thursday and cycle on Saturday and my knees are much much better, they still hurt a bit after running but they have the time to recover.

You may also like...