wk 4 r 2 in the rain!!

this is second attempt to graduate, first time I managed week 6 no problem, but it was 2 days before Christmas...I lost motivation after the break, so this time i've signed up for a 3k charity run in july, not far i know but it's helping keep me on track knowing i don't want to walk any part of it

have realised i'm much better running outdoors, feel better, complete runs more often, so even though it's raining outside i didn't let that put me off!

I've even done something I said i'd never do and that's run 2 days running, but only because I didn't want to run on my birthday tomorrow. despite that the run went well

for anyone who is struggling, then if I can do it this far (and i'm 51 tomorrow and never ran as an adult) then anyone can. I find that concentrating on the music and the pavement helps, in fact last night i missed the one minute warining of the end as i was completely thinking about something else!!!

i also realised that when i used to swim I had a moment at about 8 lengths where i thought i'd have to give up as it was so hard, but just 4 lengths later it was forgotten and i'd frequently then swim 60. I think my running is the same, the first 3 minutes are the hardest, by half time it's all forgotten and i know i can complete

good luck to everyone

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Well done, running in the rain is a funny one, a runner friend of mine, knowing it would rain for my next run, sent me a text that made me laugh "remember, you're not a witch, you won't melt". Everytime I wake up for my run and hear the rain pelting down outside, I remember the text and get out there! Well one you!

You may also like...