5.61 miles!!!!!!!

I am chuffed to bits :D

I ran 4.4 miles last wednesday and that had been my longest run since graduating. Tuesday's run was a complete fail and I ended up walking home crying looking like Alice cooper (not to self don't wear mascara if you are going to cry like a baby) So I was quite anxious about this run. I hate the first two miles and I think they hate me equally!! I spend the whole time arguing with my legs!! After what seems like an age I notice that I'm in my plod pace and feeling ok just taking in the scenery and remembering to not breathe like a fish out of water!

On the down side the world and his wife seemed to be out and spotting me in my bright yellow tea shirt with a face like a radish clashing terribly with my pink hat!!!

If anyone had said to me in september that I would be able to run over 5 miles without having a heart attack or collapsing in a heap I would have laughed my socks off but just goes to show that with a little commitment to myself what I can achieve. 10K watch out I'm on my way!!!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Whoopeeee!

You need a PINK tee-shirt now, between that and your hat no-one will notice the red face!

• Well done on a long long run! :)

You may also like...