Loving week 5 so far!

Week 5 run 1 has been my best run so far. The weather was good. Not too hot or too cold - cool with a breeze. Is it me or is the music much more motivating this week? The music for the warm up walk really got me in the mood. Can't wait until I ditch Laura (sorry Laura) and can run to my own music.

The first two five minutes runs were fine but at the back of my mind I kept thinking how will I manage eight minutes. For the final five minute run I really picked up speed and was in a world of my own and couldn't believe it when Laura said stop.

Got home and loaded my results to Nike+ from my ipod and was so pleased to see that I'd done my fastest mile :-) I wish I could do this run 3 times and not have a new run each day. Looking forward to the next run and somehow believe that I can do the 20 minute run next week!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • You're doing just fine! You'll be able to crack that 20 minutes, no problem. just take it steady - you can always speed up later, when you've done it. Have fun :)

You may also like...